Aggravated DUI Attorneys Serving Arizona
Driving under the influence is unlawful throughout the United States, including Arizona. There are some instances in which an individual is facing an Aggravated DUI, which elevates these consequences even further. If you have been charged with an Aggravated DUI in Arizona, it is important to retain an attorney that can effectively fight on your behalf and look for defenses to help avoid a conviction or reduce your charges. Weintraub & Weintraub understands that an Aggravated DUI charge can have consequences for a long period of time after the arrest. When you need a strong defense attorney, you can count on the legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub. Contact our DUI defense attorneys today.
What is an Aggravated DUI?
An Aggravated DUI is somewhat of a blanket term for a number of very serious matters related to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If your DUI arrest includes one of the following situations, you may be charged with an Aggravated DUI:
- If you commit a DUI while your driver’s license is suspended, revoked, or canceled
- If you commit a DUI for the third time in 7 years
- If you commit a DUI while there is a minor under the age of 15 in your vehicle
- If you commit a DUI while you are under an ignition interlock device requirement
- If you commit a DUI while driving the wrong way on a highway
- If you refuse to take a blood alcohol content test while you are required to have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle
What are the penalties for an Aggravated DUI?
If you have been charged with an Aggravated DUI in the state of Arizona, the penalties you are facing are immense. Therefore, an Aggravated DUI charge requires the skill and knowledge of an experienced attorney that can effectively represent your rights and search for all possible defenses. Some of the penalties that you may face if convicted of an Aggravated DUI include the following:
- 3 years of revoked driving privileges
- Jail time or prison sentence
- Alcohol screening, education, and treatment requirements
- Fines and court costs
- The installation of an ignition interlock device
- Community service requirements
Contact our Phoenix Aggravated DUI Attorneys
The legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub understands that much of your future is on the line when you are charged with an Aggravated DUI. Having this on your criminal record may bar you from obtaining certain jobs or keeping your existing one. With so much at stake, it is essential to find an attorney that not only cares about protecting your future but who has the tenacity to fight effectively on your behalf. Contact the experienced and dedicated DUI defense attorneys today.