When staying in a hotel, sustaining an injury is likely the last thing on your mind. Instead, you are probably planning your sight-seeing excursions and what you’re going to order from room service. But, injuries occur often in hotels. This is because the constant comings and goings of guests, paired with the many different facets of a hotel can lead to a number of different accidents. If you are injured in a hotel accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Read on to learn more about hotel accidents in Arizona and what you should do in the event of an injury.
How Do Hotel Accidents Occur?
Accidents can occur in a number of different ways. Some of the most common ways accidents occur include:
- Defective furniture
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Unsanitary conditions, such as bed bugs
- Parking lot/garage accidents
How Do I Recover Compensation?
In order to recover compensation, you will have to provide proof that some form of negligence occurred to cause your accident. In order to gather this evidence, you should:
- Document the scene
- Make sure to take photos and videos at the scene of the accident. If possible, capture the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts
- If someone saw your accident happen, ask them for their phone number/email address. They may be able to corroborate your version of events if need be.
- Seek medical attention
- Many people attempt to recover from an injury without visiting the hospital. This is almost always a mistake. Going to the doctor will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney
- A skilled attorney may be able to obtain further evidence, including police reports, security camera footage, and more.
- Make sure to file your claim on time
- In Arizona, the statute of limitations for a personal injury accident is generally two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file within two years, you will likely lose your opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a hotel accident in Arizona, contact our firm today to speak with a dedicated attorney.
Contact our experienced Arizona firm
The legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub has years of experience representing clients who have been injured in accidents due to the negligence of others as well as those who are facing charges of driving under the influence. Those injured due to another party’s negligence should never have to suffer alone. If you need strong legal representation, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.