Almost every day, we travel somewhere in a car, whether it be to work, the grocery store, or to a friend’s house. For the most part, getting into an accident doesn’t cross our minds. But, car accidents are a common occurrence. As a result, it is important to know what to do in the event of an accident. Read on to learn more about car accidents in Arizona.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can be caused by any number of factors, such as inclement weather conditions, poor road conditions, negligent road design, or even faulty or defective car parts. However, the most common cause of car accidents is driver negligence. Some examples of driver negligence include:
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving aggressively or recklessly
- Eating or smoking while driving
- Excessively speeding
- Failing to comply with traffic lights, signs, and other rules of the road
What to do After a Car Accident in Arizona
If you are involved in a car accident, there are some important steps to take.
- Call 911. If you are injured in a car accident, you will want to call 911 in order to make sure your injuries are treated. Even if you do not feel injured, it is important to seek medical attention anyway, as it is possible to be injured without realizing it.
- Calling the police will ensure that everyone is safe by directing traffic around the wreckage. In addition to this, they can draft an official report, take statements from witnesses, and conduct chemical tests. This information can be helpful to file a claim with your insurance company.
- Take photos and videos of the aftermath of the accident. Make sure to include photos of the damage done to your car, as well as the scene to include road and weather conditions.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses. A witness can relay the events of the accident from a different perspective and provide witness statements on your behalf.
- Do not apologize. When an accident happens, one’s first instinct is usually to apologize, whether you are at fault or not. It is important to refrain from apologizing because it can be seen as an admission of fault.
- Hire a skilled car accident attorney. An attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident, contact an experienced Arizona car accident attorney today.
Contact our experienced Arizona firm
The legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub has years of experience representing clients who have been injured in accidents due to the negligence of others as well as those who are facing charges of driving under the influence. Those injured due to another party’s negligence should never have to suffer alone. If you need strong legal representation, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.