This Halloween, many people will attend costume parties to celebrate the holiday. Unfortunately, since many people celebrate by having drinks, there is a higher chance that we will see more DUIs. If you are someone who was charged with a DUI this Halloween, our firm is here to help fight those charges. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Arizona DUI attorney to learn more about DUIs in the state of Arizona and how we can help you through every step of the legal process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:
Can I go to jail if I receive a DUI in Arizona?
If this is your first offense DUI in the state of Arizona, you can expect very serious consequences, some of which are as follows:
- You will most likely lose your license for up to one year
- You will have to install and use the Ignition Interlock Device for one year, at your own cost
- You may have to participate in alcohol screening and counseling
- You may have to pay a $2,500 fine and additional surcharges
- You may be incarcerated for up to 180 days
- You may receive 5 years of probation
- You may have to pay a $500 Prison Construction Fee and a $500 Department of Public Safety Fee
You should also understand that if you are arrested with a Blood Alcohol Content between .150% and .199%, you will most likely face an extreme DUI, which will result in even harsher penalties. No matter your situation, our firm can help.
What are the penalties for a second DUI in the state of Arizona?
If you are charged with a second DUI in the state of Arizona, you will most likely face the following penalties:
- Up to 180 days of incarceration
- 5 years of probation
- A 1-year license suspension
- You may have to install and use the Ignition Interlock Device for one year, at your own cost
- Up to 30 hours of community service
- A $2,500 fine, plus additional surcharges
- A$1,250 Prison Construction Fee
- A $1,250 Department of Public Safety Fee
- You may have to participate in Alcohol Screening and Counseling
The bottom line is that if you have been charged with a DUI in the state of Arizona, you need an attorney who has years of experience defending clients in similar situations. Our firm has the knowledge and skill needed to fight for your rights.
Contact our experienced Arizona firm
The legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub has years of experience representing clients who have been injured in accidents due to the negligence of others as well as those who are facing charges of driving under the influence. Those injured due to another party’s negligence should never have to suffer alone. If you need strong legal representation, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.