A DUI is a very serious offense which may always have lasting effects on both your driving and criminal record. If you are convicted of Aggravated DUI in Arizona, the penalties you may face could potentially be even more severe. In order to better understand how you can combat an Aggravated DUI, it is useful to know more about the offense itself.
Under what circumstances could you be charged with an Aggravated DUI?
There are several different actions you could take that may lead to being charged with Aggravated DUI. You should first know Aggravated DUI’s are essentially all based in committing a general DUI, though they are also augmented by another illegal action on top of that, thus making them all the more serious. Here are some situations in which you may be charged with an Aggravated DUI:
- If you commit a DUI while your driver’s license is suspended, revoked, or canceled.
- If you commit your third DUI within a seven-year period.
- If you commit a DUI while there is a minor under the age of 15 in your vehicle.
- If you commit a DUI while you are under an ignition interlock device requirement.
- If you commit a DUI while driving the wrong way on a highway.
- If you refuse to take a blood alcohol content test while you are required to have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle.
What are some of the consequences you may suffer if charged with an Aggravated DUI in Arizona?
To be convicted on an Aggravated DUI is a very serious matter. If convicted, you may face several consequences, such as:
- Jail time or prison sentence
- Alcohol screening, education and treatment requirements
- 3 years of revoked driving privileges
- The installation of an interlock device
- Community service requirements
Contact Our Firm
As this is one of the most serious driving offenses one could commit, it is extremely important that you hire an attorney that you can trust. When you choose Weintraub & Weintraub, you can be sure you’ll have an understanding team of attorneys who will fight tooth-and-nail for your rights. If you believe you were unfairly charged for such an offense in any way, then you should not hesitate to consult an attorney as soon as you can.
The legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub has years of experience representing clients who have been injured in accidents due to the negligence of others as well as those who are facing charges of driving under the influence. If you need strong legal representation, contact our firm today.