Motorcycles are among the most fun, cost-efficient, and stylish means of transportation. In Arizona, motorcyclists have the privilege of taking to the roads year-round. For these very reasons, there are countless individuals who ride motorcycles throughout the state of Arizona. Unfortunately, there are times where motorcycles can be extremely dangerous, due to the low level of protection motorcyclists have from the elements, especially compared to other motorists on the road. This is why our experienced Arizona personal injury attorney has compiled the following tips for safe motorcycle riding. Please continue reading to learn more about how to avoid motorcycle accidents and how our firm can help you if you are ever injured in one.
- First and foremost, if you ride a motorcycle, you must wear a helmet, as well as protective eyewear. Additionally, you should always wear jackets and pants that could provide some cushioning, should you ever crash. Of course, they can’t protect you from breaking a bone, but they can limit the amount of injury you receive from skidding along the road if you fall off your bike in an accident.
- Additionally, you must follow all rules and regulations of the road at all times. Though this may not protect you 100% from an accident, at least if you are injured in one, you will not be the motorist at fault and may be able to recover compensation.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. This means staying at least three car lengths back from the motorist in front of you, using blinkers or hand signals every time you plan on turning, and ensure that you are wide awake before ever riding your motorcycle.
- You should also never take to the road before performing a quick inspection on your motorcycle to ensure everything is working as it should. If something feels wrong while you are riding, or you know something is wrong, you should pull over immediately and call someone for help. Do not try and take your bike to a mechanic on your own if there is something wrong, as this can result in a very serious accident.
- Never speed. Speeding causes more motorcycle fatalities than any other form of motorcycle negligence every year.
- Never drive while under the influence of drugs and alcohol. This is both illegal and unsafe.
Contact our experienced Arizona firm
The legal team at Weintraub & Weintraub has years of experience representing clients who have been injured in accidents due to the negligence of others as well as those who are facing charges of driving under the influence. Those injured due to another party’s negligence should never have to suffer alone. If you need strong legal representation, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.